- Eclipse for Java Developers
- FileZilla - handy for quickly shooting files to/from Linux & Solaris boxes
- Java 7 ftw! At least until Java 8 is in more of my deployments ... hopefully soon :)
- Launchy - at long last a decent keyboard launcher for Windoze!
- Memory Analyzer (some great notes on best use here)
- Poderosa and PuTTY - love the tabs in the former but sometimes you need the more extensive capabilities (port forwarding in particular) of the latter
- Process Explorer (search to find out who is locking your damn files!)
- Subversion & git
- WinDirStat - find out where the heck disk space disappeared to!
Java Dev Tools
Just in case I wipe out my environment and need to quickly figure out what software I was using. This is not an exhaustive list, rather it is the stuff that I use fairly regularly.